Volantes Technical Recruitment , on behalf of our long-standing UK Based Client have the permanent role of Deputy Compliance Manager available.
This role would be at our clients Bournemouth base.
The Deputy Compliance Manger shall be to support the Compliance Manager, in ensuring that the standards of Regulatory Compliance are managed and maintained, primarily in the area of aircraft Base maintenance (Part 145), Workshops and Training (Part 147) operations
The position shall include daily oversight of the Compliance System, assisting in administration duties, providing support as required to the Compliance Manager on continuation training needs, assisting in Investigations, maintaining of company approvals, and to assist as a point of contact for staff enquiries, such as licence applications and general questions.
It will also require a level of auditing, where appropriate and as delegated by the Compliance Manager, to ensure compliance with EASA, UK CAA, FAA, MAA and other appropriate regulatory standards held by the business, thus maintaining a close liaison with the UK CAA and other Competent Authorities on matters affecting the approvals held.
This is a full time role,-time role, based at their Bournemouth site, but may involve travel to their other UK sites, such as Farnborough, Fairoaks , Scotland and visits to sub-contractors. The role may also include limited travel abroad for purpose of auditing our overseas facilities.
The position allows for a flexible approach and may require some of out of hours working.
- Have at least 5 years previous Compliance / Compliance Assurance experience, preferably in an aerospace organisation engaged in aircraft or component maintenance and repair / modification.
- Completed a recognised auditor’s course.
- Be conversant with current aerospace regulations, especially Part 145.
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of the applicable regulation to a standard acceptable to the UK CAA and other authorities.
- Possess interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to compile written reports to a high standard.
- Be conversant with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Capable of working independently on own initiative, or as part of a team
- To be proactive with the ability to meet timescales
- Possess the ability for attention to detail commensurate with the job role
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organisation.
- Have a working understanding of other regulatory standards such as Part 21 and Part 147 to which the organisation holds approval for.
- Previous experience working within an aerospace environment.
- Conversant with ISO9001 or a similar Compliance Standard.
- Understand ICAO Safety Management principles.
- Be eligible to hold a UK security clearance.
If you feel you are suitable for this role then please do click apply for more information.