Volantes Technical Recruitment, on behalf of our long-standing U.K Based Fixed wing client have the new role of Engineering Regulatory Manager available.
This is a permanent role at their Retford Airport Base.
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, sitting between the Base Maintenance Manager and Continuing Airworthiness Manager, this role entails working very closely with the company’s Management Systems team to develop and improve the company’s various Management Systems whilst being deployed with the Part-145 & CAMO environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifying and mitigating Part-145 & CAMO related risks and documenting via the company’s risk register.
- Facilitating with the Base Maintenance Manager & Continuing Airworthiness Manager to ensure Safety Performance Indicators are implemented and performance tracked.
- Ensuring any ‘near-miss’ reports are captured in the company’s occurrence reporting system.
- Working closely with the company’s Management Systems team to ensure internal and external audit findings are closed within an agreed timeframe.
- Working closely with the company’s Management System team to ensure any occurrence reports are progressed in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Management Systems team promoting Safety and Compliance within the Part-145 & CAMO departments.
- Facilitating with all levels of the Part-145 & CAMO team to ensure effective root cause analysis is performed in order to avoid recurrent findings.
- Producing and amending departmental PPG (Policy, Procedure & Guidance) documentation.
- Coordinate training ensuring all staff within Part-145 & CAMO remain current.
- Working closely with the Base Maintenance Manager & Continuing Airworthiness Manager to identify and facilitate any departmental training requirements.
- Ensuring the company’s personnel recency tracking system (Air Maestro) is up to date.
- Responsible for the management and development of the company’s Part-145 & CAMO documentation repository on Centrik.
- Develop the implement a robust departmental induction program for new starters.
- Ensuring any regulatory changes are captured for auditing purposes and escalated to relevant managers within the department.
- Capture and document lessons learned to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Ensuring any departmental changes are captured via the Management of Change function and work closely with the company’s Project Management Office.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior experience in an Aviation QA environment (advantageous).
- Prior experience in Part-145 &/or CAMO environment (advantageous).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Willingness to think outside the box.
- Experience with implementing and developing Management Systems (desirable).
- Excellent Microsoft Office / Google Workspace knowledge and the application of - essential.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload to meet deadlines.
- Consistent administration of activities with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work flexibly, can work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Ability to assimilate data from multiple sources to determine corrective action.
- Continually demonstrate a positive attitude to work and operate as part of a team with the ability to motivate colleagues with enthusiasm.
- A methodical and calm approach, even when under pressure.
- Adopt a flexible and adaptable attitude to work.
- Apply strategic thinking and analysis to problem solving by gathering & analysing relevant information.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to carry out root-cause and 5-why’s analysis.
- Developing and building relationships with other departments’
- Ensure the implementation of plans or projects in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach to problem solving and providing creative solutions.
If this sounds like the sort of role that is of interest and you feel you are suited to it then please do click apply.
As always, for roles base din the U.K you must already have the right to live and work in the U.K