Volantes Technical Recruitment are seeking a Head of Maintenance - RoW MRO for one of the leading names in Business Aviation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a great company in one of the best locations in the world managing their MRO facilties and having oversite of theoir global facilties.
/ The Role:
As the Head of Maintenance RoW MRO – Middle East, your primary responsibility is to oversee the Maintenance Organisation operations in the Middle East region within the MRO Business Unit.
- Develop and implement MRO operational strategies and plans, oversee day-to-day operations, and collaborate with other departments to ensure resource availability.
- Manage the Part 145 organization and ensure that all maintenance activities are performed in compliance with regulations and standards set forth by GCAA, and other relevant aviation regulatory bodies.
- Develop and manage the annual operating budget, monitor expenses, and identify cost-saving initiatives.
- Manage the facilities to ensure that they are adequate and appropriately equipped to perform the required maintenance activities.
- Updating the MOE to reflect current procedures and reflect latest amendments of the regulation.
- Lead and mentor a team of maintenance professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality work and professional development.
- Oversee the development of new processes and ensure compliance with aviation regulations and safety procedures.
- Stay updated on industry trends, technological advancements, and regulatory changes.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the maintenance team, including technicians, engineers, and support staff.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities, conduct regular meetings and trainings, and address performance issues or conflicts within the team.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, recognize exceptional performance, and develop improvement plans as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Aviation Maintenance, or related field OR an ICAO type II licence. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in aircraft maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of EASA & GCAA Part/ CAR 145 and other relevant aviation regulations.
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise in aircraft systems.
- Effective leadership, technical knowledge, communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and strategic thinking.
- Project management expertise, regulatory compliance knowledge, and commitment to continuous improvement.