Volantes Technical Recruitment , on behalf of our long-standing UK Based Client have the permanent role of Import/Export Supervisor.
This role would be at our clients Bournemouth base.
Working Monday – Friday, 0800 – 1700 Shift Pattern.
Working closely with the Head of Supply Chain, the purchasers and the warehouse team, the Import/Export Supervisor will be fully responsible for the flow of all import and export documentation for all parts imported to the UK in support of the Engineering Maintenance Repair Organisation (MRO).
This role requires a dedicated, customs conversant individual to meet the needs of the Company and HMRC. Professional approach, in order to respond efficiently to all business needs, whilst also undertaking some general stores and purchasing work to assist with any peaks in the workload within the MRO
Main Responsibilities of Position:
- No direct reports.
- Aid with customs training as required.
- Ensure effective self-management.
- Take ownership for the compliance of all imports and exports iaw HMRC Customs Regulations.
- Ensure accurate and accountable records of all imports / exports are maintained.
- Ensure the cost-effective movement of parts to meet the needs of the ESL.
- Manage all imported goods into and out of the UK and ensure the accurate completion of all Customs Declarations. Including but not exclusively too.
- Clearance documentation and declarations
- Articulating accurate and acceptable tariffs for the movement of freight
- Articulating accurate, acceptable and effective commodity codes for the clearance of freight
- Ensure that all goods imported are imported legally and legitimately.
- Ensure customs clearances are obtained quickly and deliveries are made in good time.
- Ensuring all clearances are completed efficiently and against the most cost-effective import quota, tariffs, trade agreements and HM Revenue and Customs regulations to meet the needs of the business.
- Conducting Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting as mandated and requested / required by management and HMRC.
- Audit the process regularly to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Support the movement of spares to facilitate maintenance checks at external locations worldwide.
- Develop sustainable relationships with HMRC and all shipping agents as required.
- Provide timely updates to the ESL of all inbound, delayed / in error shipments.
- Ensure forward planning and coordination with engineering to ensure the smooth flow of spares.
- Take primary ownership of the Approved Supplier Process iaw CAA, QA, ISO and internal procedures.
- Deliver accurate and representative calculations of supplier failures.
- Ensure the approved supplier database is reviewed, updated and regulated.
- Ensure suppliers are accurately recorded and uploaded to the company MRP system.
- Deliver out of hours AOG support as per the on-call roster.