Volantes Technical Recruitment , on behalf of our long-standing UK Based Client have the permanent role of Compliance Manager available.
This role would be at our clients Bournemouth base.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for establishing an independent compliance (quality) system to monitor compliance with EASA, FAA and other appropriate regulatory standards held by the business and to maintain a close liaison with the UK CAA and other Competent Authorities on matters affecting the approvals held.
The Quality system shall be such as to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements both at all approved sites in the UK and overseas.
The position is a nominated post which shall be acceptable to the competent authority, i.e. the individual to hold an UK CAA? EASA Form 4 duly approved by the authorities.
With direct access to the Accountable Manager in the event of any reported discrepancy not being adequately attended to by the relevant department heads.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for:
- Implementing a compliance audit programme, covering all aspects of the companies Regulatory approvals and ensuring that such programme is undertaken IAW the approved Audit Plan.
- Together with the Deputy Compliance Managers to be the point of contact for all Quality related issues, ensuring continued compliance and assisting staff members in the requirements to remain compliant.
- Assisting the accountable manager in promoting good practise and the implementation of Human Factor / Safety principles within the organisation.
- Be the main point of contact for all Competent Authority issues.
- Responsible for informing the authorities of any changes to the organisation and ensuring continued regulatory compliance with regard to such change.
- Reviewing changes to the organisation’s relevant expositions and their submission to the competent authority and oversight of their distribution once approved.
- To make regular contact with the Accountable Manager to appraise the effectiveness of the Compliance Monitoring System.
- The control and issue of company authorisations, inspection stamps and the associated training (including regulatory training) and monitoring of competence records
- Oversight of sub contracted activities ensuring that the subcontractor is capable and where necessary for that company to be approved by virtue of inclusion in the clients Compliance System.
- To assist departmental heads in the preparation of processes and procedures within the organisation to ensure their adequacy and compliance.
- Oversight of the internal occurrence system, ensuring that investigation actions are carried out to achieve resolution and the review of follow up / remedial actions to ensure feedback into the compliance system.
- To oversee and carry out audits and to issue non-conformances as part of the Quality Compliance System
- Responsible for the training and continued competency of team members within the Quality Department.
- To establish a Safety Management program and be point of contact for respective senior management in ensuring that such program is effective.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management
- Possess interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to compile written reports to a high standard.
- Ability to delegate tasks and to manage a team.
- Possess a level of management skill commensurate with the job function
- Fully conversant with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Capable of working independently on own initiative , or as part of a team
- To be proactive with the ability to meet timescales
- Possess the ability for attention to detail commensurate with the job role
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organisation
- Have at least 4 years previous Compliance/Quality Assurance experience in an aerospace organisation engaged in aircraft or component maintenance and repair / modification
- Completed a recognised auditors course
- Fully conversant with EASA Part 145, Part M, 21G and 21J regulations
- Conversant with ISO9001 or a similar Quality Standard.
- Have an understanding of ICAO SMS principles
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of Part 145, Part M, Part 21G and Part 21J to a standard acceptable to the UK CAA and / or EASA for the purpose of obtaining a Form 4 post holder position.