Volantes Technical recruitment, on behalf of our long-standing fixed wing client have the role of Stores Assistant available.
This is a Permanent Position at their Bournemouth base.
Reporting directly to the Stores Manager the Stores Assistant shall be responsible for Goods In processing and the control of parts and tooling to engineering, its outstations and its associated AOG teams. The Stores Assistant will conduct themselves in professional manner responding to the business requirements of the group in an effective and efficient manner. Will be proactive in warehousing protocol, part accountability and stock rotation. Remain flexible in their approach to work aiding with workload peaks when required.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
Goods in processing.
- Completion of stock receipts and goods in processing in accordance aircraft regulations
- Ensuring parts are received in the correct condition and regulatory paperwork requirements are met.
- Ensure correct storage and distribution of all of components, parts, materials.
- The completion of general warehouse administration.
- The monitoring shelf-life items, stock and tyre rotation as required to ensure compliance.
- The control of COSHH iaw with regulations.
Picking and Packing.
- The physical selection of parts to meet the needs of the engineering workforce.
- The recording of all part transactions using the companies MRP system
- Maintaining an auditable processes.
- Hands on approach to counter service, tool control and part issue.
- The delivery of parts as and when required and as directed by the Supply Chain and Engineering.
General Warehouse Tasks.
- Operating of Forklifts as required
- Ensuring the Warehouse is kept clean, tidy
- Ensuring the warehouse remains efficient as possible
- Aiding other Supply Chain functions where workloads dictate.
- Consignment of Dangerous Goods (once qualified) to and from vendors / outstations.
- The shipment of parts and paperwork to vendors and customers
- The recording of all dispatches to their retrospective locations
Checks and Stock Counting.
- Conduct Daily, Weekly and Monthly checks as requested / required.
Skills and Experience
- Aviation Stores experience required
- Sound knowledge of aviation part / airworthiness paperwork
- A sound understanding of good warehousing practice as well as experience in its implementation.
- Computer literate and have the ability to grasp new process and procedures
- Ability to follow instructions efficiently and accurately
- Willingness to complete or already have an in date Dangerous Goods qualification
- Driving licence is a necessity and a willingness to use or already have forklift licence
- Flexibility in supporting the business
To be considered, you must already have the right to live and work in the U.K, we will not be able to consider anyone that requires support achieving a visa.