Volantes Technical Recruitment, on behalf of our Inverness based Rotary client have the permanent role of Compliance Monitoring and Safety Manager available.
Our client offers a wide range of aviation services to utility and private clients. Services include commercial air transport; external load operations; airborne data acquisition; aerial filming; aerial survey.
The company employs ninety staff distributed between operating bases at Inverness, Cumbernauld and Wolverhampton, while operating and maintaining a fleet of 17 helicopters of several types.
CAA AOC, SPO, ATO, Part 145, Part MG/CAMO Approvals are held or in current application.
Comprehensive Safety and Environmental Management Systems are in place. ISO 45001 and 14001 certification is held.
The CMSM reports directly to the Accountable Manager and will be approved as a Nominated Post Holder by the CAA.
They are responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of the Safety Management & Compliance processes in accordance with the companies CAA approvals
They will assist and support the Chief Pilot ensuring compliance with all applicable Flight Operation regulations, company approvals, permissions and exemptions. They will assist and support the Director of Engineering to ensure compliance with all applicable Continuing Airworthiness and Maintenance regulations. They will assist the Safety Director in monitoring the effectiveness of the Safety Management System (SMS) and the day to day management of the Safety Team
Ideally, the right person will have a thorough working knowledge of UK aviation regulations, including Parts-ORO, CAT, SPO, ORA, FCL, M, CAMO, 145 and 66. They will be a qualified and experienced aviation Compliance/Quality Manager, with experience in aviation auditing. They will be able to work independently and autonomously within their own department, whilst also appreciating and supporting the wider needs of the company. The right person will also be able to work within a multidisciplinary team across the Company with high levels of accountability.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with applicable CAA rules & regulations relating to the CAA AOC, HRSPO, ATO, Part-MG/CAMO and Part-145 organisational approvals
- To manage an effective independent compliance auditing programme across all approvals and relevant departmental areas to the satisfaction of the Accountable Manager and the CAA
- Day to day management of the SMS, providing safety reports on a periodic basis and ensuring safety related documentation is available and current
- To ensure compliance with all applicable internal standards, policies, procedures and processes
- To provide advice to the Accountable Manager and the rest of the staff concerning compliance with
regulations and to ensure that changes to regulation are communicated throughout the
- Effective and efficient management of the Safety Team in support of meeting the key objectives of the role and in support of all ISO accreditations
- Maintain a current awareness of aviation and safety regulations that are relevant to the clients operations and activities
- Ensure compliance audit findings including root cause analysis and identification of preventative measures are actioned to the satisfaction of the Accountable Manager
- Attend all required CAA audits and inspections and to ensure timely and adequate response to any findings and observation
- Ensure that accurate, complete and readily accessible records documenting the results of audits of the internal oversight programme are maintained.
- Issuing and controlling any required personnel authorisations and maintaining the authorisation control system.
- Investigate Compliance and/or Safety related occurrences or accidents
- Manage, direct and support the Safety Team in their day-today tasks to ensure they effectively support the Safety and Compliance functions within the company, including HSE and ISO requirements.
- Planning and coordination of Compliance & Safety training as required
- Encourage and support the company’s Just Culture and strive for continuous improvement
- To make a positive contribution to all the clients operations.
- To develop and maintain a proactive relationship with the CAA
- Able to demonstrate sufficient experience, knowledge and suitable attitude to be approved by the CAA as the Nominated Post Holder relative to the role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the aviation industry (military or civil)
- Previously held a Part-66 B1 or B2 licence with helicopter experience (desirable)
- Previous experience of working with an aviation integrated Safety Management System
- To have completed a recognised course of training in aviation Compliance or Quality Management and/or auditing (desirable)
- Thorough understanding of appropriate Regulations, Risk Management, Risk Assessment and Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to analyse information and author concise reports
- Able to prioritise and organise workflow
- Able to educate, persuade, influence and communicate at all levels
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Diplomacy, integrity and discretion
- Presentational/training experience
- Understanding of Human Factors principles
- Understanding of Aviation Safety & HSE Management Systems
- Maintain current knowledge of industry developments and statutory requirements
- At least two-years (less than two-years may be considered for the right applicant) practical auditing experience in an aviation environment
Other Role Requirements:
- Able to travel to support the role and function of the position
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- This role will include travel to all company bases and occasional travel to client or supplier’s sites
Salary and benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and is based on a 35-hour working week, Monday to Friday routine, with occasional requirements at weekends. Benefits are in accordance with PDG’s standard terms.
If you feel you are suitable and are keen to hear more then please apply in the first instance for a confidential chat.